Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mobile nuisance

A new evil has came to my attention at the gym recently, something that really gets up my nose. Mobile phones........ Now, I don't mind so much if you use them to listen to music because let's be honest, I couldn't do 5 minutes on the treadmill without some Cliff Richard, Elton John and co. I do however use an MP3 player because I'm old school.
  No what annoys me is people who take calls, or text or facebook whilst "doing a workout". Only the other day I was running on my favourite treadmill scoping out the talent, I mean.... Looking for material for this blog when, JACKPOT two girls come into the gym, early 20's make up on, wouldn't know a dumbbell from a cheeseburger. They slowly doddle to the water fountain and have a ickle chat, then they take on the mahooosive task that is the x-trainer. I watch, as yet no such juice. But I am not to be disappointed because the slightly lazier looking of the two takes a phone call, I run, patiently watching, as I expect her to have a quick word "No, I'm in the gym, call you back" but noooooooo the wee phone using pleb gets off the x-trainer and stands next to it. She continues her phone call for the next 46 minutes, firstly standing next to the x-trainer and then following her pal around the gym as she used the machines. WHY? Why, Why couldn't she just step outside the gym? Also if I was her pal I'd have been raging and embarrassed by her ridiculous antics.

Then there's the guy I see in the gym a lot, he nods to me sometimes, recognising we have a shared interest, we work out, we train often and we train hard, not like the come and goers. It's like when you ride a motorcycle and nod to other motorcycles (whilst also checking out if yours is better) I had some respect for this guy, he never struck me as anything other than a regular normal gym goer, but is there any such thing? I was walking around the gym to my next set when boooof, I am body checked by a vest wearing sweaty man, sweat going everywhere onto my nice pink gym gear. I'm genuinely taken by surprise when I look up and it's regular gym goer man, but..... with and extension to his arm in the form of a mobile phone. He had been too busy texting as he stepped back from a machine into my path. He completed his text message and hit send. Before I got a small apology. Me the idiot apologised too, then harshly scolded myself for it, why do we do that? I must bee too nice. So all respect out the window for you texter dude.

Worst of all my mobile phone/gym hates is the Facebooker, I am in all honesty a facebook fanatic but seeing as my phone shall remain in the gym locker I do not post whilst actually in the gym. Sitting on the bike the other day I happened to glance (no I wasn't being nosey) at the boy beside me on his phone, I could see what he was writing, "Tearing up the gym, here comes the pain train baby toot toot", I am not making this sh*t up. The boy was about 9.5 stone, I could bench press him. He was on the recumbent cycle at level 3!!! I laughed, out loud, then pretended to point at something on the tv screen. It really cheered me up that this little reject of a boy would actually look like a beast after writing that as his status. Like he actually did some work as opposed to writing about it. I was expecting him to jump off that bike and hulk stylee rip the gym to peices, hurling equipment everywhere. Unfortunatley he just got off the bike after 5 mins and left. Geez a break man!

2 comments:


  1. Are You Looking For Branded Online Pharmacy Store That Will Provide Generic pills. We Are Here To Provide You The Best Online Medications With 20% Discount. Just Click On Links Below.

    Buy generic ADHD Pills
    Buy generic Anti-Anxiety Pills
    Buy generic Erectile-Dysfunction Pills
    Buy generic Muscle-Relaxant Pills

    ReplyDelete