Wednesday 7 April 2010

Body facists

In gyms there is always someone repeatedly injuring themselves, whether it's their lower back, knee or tendons. Everyone goes too fast with weights. Everyone over-lifts. I am now used to walking past old guys pushing huge barbells with postures that compress their vertebrae in the lower back. No point in saying anything to them, the answer will be "I was training before you were born" plus they already wear a weight lifting belt (haha) whatever dude, I will send you flowers in hospital. I myself came to some such demise only 3 years ago. Doing all the exercise I do, my employer asked if I would like to get a team together for "It's a knockout" (The crazy inflatable obstacle course) Keen as mustard I got a great team together, matching uniform, red hair dye, names on T-shirts and a good amount raised for charity."Make an entrance, best entrance gets most points", the organisers said. There I am, in my head, whoop whoop it's in the bag *Splits*. What I forgot was that I hadn't done the splits since I was 16, snap goes my hamstring, Hospital, time off work, my Mum pushing me around the course of a 5k race in a wheelchair whilst I'm screaming faster you sloth, faster faster, whilst I grip on for dear life. Never again. . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying Reading your blog Natalie thx for today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, just getting used to this. Commenting is hard lol.

    ReplyDelete