Monday 5 April 2010

Whooaaa, my first post

How do I begin, first of all, welcome to my blog and if you like it please subscribe to read the rest and tell people about it. Also please feel free to tell stories have debates or just a giggle here and there in the comments box. Before I was a personal trainer, fitness was something I learned from school, television and my papa. The faster I ran the better and every exercise routine consisted of 3 sets 10 reps then stretching. Super sets? Pyramids? Intervals? Endurance? Waste 'o' time. Better to go hell for leather on the treadmill for 20 minutes and leave the gym sweating like a horse than do dainty little crunches or a aerobics class. Sure I was fit, but was that the point? Then I became a Personal Trainer (aka a know it all) In my first gym job I would walk right up to guys with arms bigger than my thigh and say "hey your not doing those bicep curls right" I was lucky some of these "muscle men" didn't throw me over the preacher bench in anger. I slowly began to learn to shut up with certain people and let them get on with it. Usually baffling them with the names of ligaments and tendons did the trick though if they thought I was just some skinny wee girl. I'd show em . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment