Saturday 24 April 2010

Matrix Falling!

As I was quite happily singing away to my ipod on the treadmill, I notice a stylish elderly chap with the trademark sandals and sock combo giving the cross trainer a quizical stare. He make his approach stealthily, he precariously places a savvy sandaled foot on the moving plate. . . . Like a rabbit caught in headlights his eyes go wide as he realises the plate is sliding forward. Only a foot away two gym instructors stare at the TV screens (there's football on). I'm watching with a grimace on my face, my stomach in knots (you know that way you feel when you can see something bad but also equally entertaining happening) 1-2-3 Down he goes. One of those slow motion falls (don't look at me like that, I was over the other side of the gym, i'm not superhuman) you know the theatrical matrix style tumble but not quite so graceful. The gym staff a foot away, "Tut", I mean it, they actually "Tut" and quite loudly. Like this poor man has did them an injustice just by falling over in their gym. He wouldn't have fell if they gave a rats a*se. Typical gym instructors. This wee man could have broken his hip and personally sued them for all they were worth, they wouldn't have worked again in this industry, which is a crying shame because this world more than anything needs, craves, wants. . . s*itty gym staff that don't have a clue and couldn't care less. Arghhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment