Tuesday 6 April 2010

Gyms. . . . Good Lord

So yesterday was my first post and since I've just started and the fact I'm off work this week I shall post everyday to get some excitement drummed up. Overstatement may I add but here goes anyways. The gym. . . . . a place of self improvement, utter danger and despair, little ladies, hunched shoulders, wobbling along on the cross trainer. Big ole jocks, rowing like weasels. People with knee bandages looking ropey as they slay themselves on the treadmills. The sexy girls who just go to the gym to show off their shape (yawn). The chatty guy who ruins your workout because you don't want to be rude and tell him to bugger off. There's always one guy who has too many tattoos and every gym has at least one nut job who comes in a does a kind of exercise that I swear has no use whatsoever, with the exception that it's not "sitting down". Go ahead, kick the air repeatedly kick kick kick kick kick! Swing that leg pointlessly into the air! I'm sure it will do something for you, and if not. . . . . . At least the air will be scared of your foot.

2 comments:

  1. Was there someone doing weird kicky stuff next to you then?? So long as he didn't come over and give you some tips of getting fit. That would have been funny.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry it's been done lol, they got the evil eyes. x

    ReplyDelete